Summer is travel time, and it is the preferred time of the year to go on vacation. Before hitting the road this summer, take some simple precautions to keep your family safe and make the trip as pleasant as possible.
1. Check your tires; according the Rubber Manufacturers Association, only one of ten drivers check the tires pressure correctly. The truth is that an under-inflated or over-inflated tires can cause a serious accident on the road. Always take the telephone number of your preferred auto restoration center in case something happens.
2. Change and check the oil, the car needs fluids just like human need blood to survive. To check your oil, first let your car run for a couple of minutes, park it on a level surface and turn off the engine. With the dipstick, you can check the level of oil and how it looks like. If you are low on oil, you should take it to an auto restoration center or add some more oil to it.
3. Check your brakes. Before taking your car to an auto restoration center, check if your car has any of the following symptoms, this means, you should get your brakes checked by a professional. If your pedal is very soft or hard when breaking, this is a clear sign that you need to change your brakes immediately.
4. Clean up your battery, after a cold winter with early morning jump starts and dead batteries, summer heat can speed up the chemical reaction inside a battery, the best way to keep your battery running smoothly is to have it cleaned regularly by a professional.
5. Maintain your air conditioning. The best indication that your air conditioning has a problem is if it can’t maintain 10 degrees below the ambient outside temperature.
If your car needs to be checked, don’t hesitate, and contact a professional auto restoration center if you live near Las Cruces, NM, you can contact Advanced Automotive LLC anytime. Feel free to call (575) 556-4424.